According to O*NET Resource Center, people in this career often have these skills:
• Data base management system software — Apache Hadoop ; Elasticsearch ; MongoDB ; Teradata Database
• Development environment software — Integrated development environment IDE software ; Microsoft PowerShell ; Microsoft Visual Basic; Ruby
• Network monitoring software — Nagios; Remote monitoring software; Snort; Wireshark
• Operating system software — Linux; Microsoft Windows Server; Oracle Solaris ; UNIX
• Web platform development software — Hypertext markup language HTML; Microsoft Active Server Pages ASP; Node.js; Oracle JavaServer Pages JSP
People in this career often know a lot about:
• Computers and Electronics — Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
• Engineering and Technology — Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
• English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
• Mathematics — Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
• Design — Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.