According to O*NET Resource Center, people in this career often have these skills:
• Data base management system software — Apache Hadoop; Distributed database management software; Microsoft transact-structural query language T-SQL; Teradata Database
• Development environment software — Advanced business application programming ABAP; C; Microsoft Visual Basic; XML Path Language XPATH
• Object or component oriented development software — C++; Document Object Model DOM Scripting; Python; Simple API for XML SAX
• Program testing software — Fault testing software; Hewlett Packard LoadRunner; JUnit; Usability testing software
People in this career often know a lot about:
• Computers and Electronics – Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
• Engineering and Technology – Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
• Mathematics – Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
• Telecommunications – Knowledge of transmission, broadcasting, switching, control, and operation of telecommunications systems.
• Design – Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.